Acadia Fire FC (AFFC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit sports organization serving Down East Maine. AFFC is offering one of the best soccer educational experiences in Maine. This year's programs offer something for the beginner to the advanced player. There is no substitute for learning ‘perfect’ technique. AFFC is unique in its unwavering focus on teaching players how to be the best dribbler, passer and goal scorer. AFFC’s winter-spring programs offer players a great opportunity to achieve their soccer potential. Players of all ages will have access to the highest level coaching and competition through multiple practices per week focused on improving soccer skill and team tactics. AFFC will be offering several new programs this year for players seeking additional challenges. See below for days and times and description of the programs we are offering this season. Specific dates and times of each program will be posted on the AFFC Calendar. Participants can sign up and pay on the Acadia Fire website. All programs will start the week of Nov 30th.
The youngest players in our SoccerPlay Program ages 6-8 years old will have a chance to play 2 times per week to learn important foundational soccer skills and improve agility. In our Juniors Program the U9-U12 players can train two-three times per week refining their skills and beginning to learn team tactics. In the Premier Team Program U13-U18 players will train two times per week in their teams and have the chance to improve their athletic ability and learn advanced soccer skills in the SoccerFit! program that meets 2 times per week—for a possible 4 trainings a week. These premier teams will also compete against the best teams in the region.
AFFC has demonstrated that soccer success comes from dedication to soccer skill development. AFFC teams continue to dominate much of the soccer landscape in Maine. The collective record of our U9-U11 travel teams this past fall (2015) was 33-2-1. Our U13 boys team made it back to the fall state cup semi finals. As well, two participants in our inaugural SoccerFit! program earned ‘Play of the Week’ for WABI 5 news and two of the players in this same program were recognized as High School Player of the Year for the Penobscot Valley Conference.
AFFC's mission statement is to offer the highest level of skill development to the greatest number of players. We continue to offer scholarships. AFFC does not turn players away because of financial need.
The Acadia Fire Board
Abigail Curless, President Herb Watson
Travis Coffin Tom Wheeler
Michael Curless, Executive Director Wendy Wood
Greg Dalton Mary McClung, Treasurer
Ned Johnson Kerryn Merrill
Acadia fire fc
WAIVER AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
The undersigned __________________________________ (“Releasor”) is the parent or legal guardian of _______________________________ (“Player”) and hereby acknowledges that the execution of this Agreement is a condition to the participation by Player in the travel soccer club and associated activities (“Soccer Activities”) of the Acadia Fire Football Club (“AFFC”), and accordingly agrees as follows:
1. Releasor understands that Soccer Activities can be dangerous and are subject to inherent risks, including but not limited to death and physical injury to players and spectators, as well as property loss and damage, and hereby voluntarily accepts and assumes all such risks on behalf of Player whenever and wherever incurred during Player’s participation in AFFC Soccer Activities.
2. In consideration of AFFC’s conducting Soccer Activities and Player’s participation therein, Releasor expressly waives, for Player, and for himself or herself, and his or her heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, attorneys and agents, any claims or causes of action Releasor may have against AFFC or any of AFFC’s principals, employees, agents or representatives arising in any way out of Player’s participation in Soccer Activities, including without limitation any loss, liability, damage or expense incurred by reason of the death or physical injury of Player or any other person and the loss of or damage to any property, other than any such loss, liability, damage or expense conclusively proven to have been caused directly by an action taken or omitted to be taken by AFFC in bad faith.
3. Releasor further waives, to the extent allowed by law, the protection afforded by any law of any jurisdiction, the purpose, substance or effect of which is to limit a general release and/or provide that a general release shall not extend to any claims that the person giving the release does not know exist or does not suspect to exist at the time of giving the release.
4. Releasor hereby indemnifies and holds harmless AFFC, and any of AFFC’s principals, employees, agents or representatives, from and against any claim or cause of action brought by any other person or entity against AFFC or any of AFFC’s principals, employees, agents or representatives arising in any way out of Player’s participation in Soccer Activities, including without limitation any loss, liability, damage or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by reason of the death or physical injury of any person and the loss of or damage to any property (a “Third Party Claim”), except to the extent that any such loss, liability, damage or expense is conclusively proven to have been caused directly by an action taken or omitted to be taken by AFFC in bad faith.
Releasor shall provide for the defense of AFFC (and any of AFFC’s principals, employees, agents and representatives) against any Third Party Claim, shall consult and cooperate with AFFC on all aspects of such defense and shall pay all fees and expenses incurred by or on behalf of AFFC in connection therewith. AFFC shall have the right to substitute defense counsel of its own choosing, and the reasonable fees and expenses of such counsel shall be paid by Releasor. Releasor shall not settle any Third Party Claim in a manner that obligates AFFC in any way without AFFC’s prior written consent.
5. Releasor acknowledges and agrees that it is Releasor’s sole responsibility to procure and maintain all appropriate health, liability and property loss insurance to protect against Player’s participation in Soccer Activities and the obligations of Releasor undertaken in this Agreement.
6. Releasor agrees to comply, and to cause Player to comply, with all instructions, rules and regulations of AFFC in connection with Soccer Activities.
7. AFFC reserves the right to use photos and videos of Player for the advertisement of AFFC through various digital and print mediums including, but not limited to, social media and print advertisements.
8. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine. If any term of this Agreement is determined to be prohibited, void, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such term shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity without in any way affecting any other term hereof or the validity or enforceability of this Agreement or of such term in any other jurisdiction.